A new stream of blog (that sounds vaguely obscene) has began to flow through the wilderness of the interweb. But it’s not a wild and chaotic brook, rather a finely chiseled flume. It meanders, certainly, but along a pleasing and picturesque path… er… … Blog Flume, is a new blog (what else?) launched recently ago by Alvin Buenaventura, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Hensley, Todd Hignite and Ken Parille. So far it’s been a great read. Some standouts: Tim Hensley presents a slideshow he delivered at a lecture at the Hammer Museum. It’s about Suiho Tagawa, the creator of Norakuro. It’s excellent despite using some of my amateurish photos from the Norakuro Museum in Tokyo. Jonathan Bennett looks at the work of Charley Harper and 1000 frames of Hitchcock. Ken Parille brief look at cartoonist Pete Morisi. There’s plenty more. Take a look.
Rehak House (Los Angeles, California, USA) - Coop...fabriciomora: Rehak House (Los Angeles, California, USA) - Coop Himmelb(l)au
Master Plan, Redwood City, California,...fuckyeahbrutalism: Master Plan, Redwood City, California, 1960s (The Architects Collaborative)
- Sundays are nice and quiet… for the most part… at least for me....Sundays are nice and quiet… for the most part… at least for me. Many don’t like them because Monday is just around the corner. But I enjoy the calm before the storm… On Monday, the Trylon Microcinema gets to the middle of it’s great Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman series. I got a chance to the […]
Allied Works Architecture — Arvo Pärt...modelarchitecture: Allied Works Architecture — Arvo Pärt Centre
- Eel Mansions mentioned at comicbookGRRRLDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions was mentioned on Laura Sneddon’s blog, comicbookGRRRL, as a stand-out release for January 2015. Check out her other selections here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.
- Darling Sleeper interviews Sam AldenThe online magazine Darling Sleeper asked Sam Alden a set of questions about his working process, and what’s next (which includes a future Uncivilized Books project). Read the interview here, and check out Sam’s book, It Never Happened Again.
- The 9th Blog reviews Eel MansionsDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions received a great review from The 9th Blog. It’s described as “a world of blacks and whites and pseudo-grays and polka dots,” which feels fairly apt. Read the full piece here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.
- An Iranian Metamorphosis reviewed!Book Riot Contributing Editor Swapna Krishna wrote a very nice review of Mana Neyestani’s An Iranian Metamorphosis for her personal blog. She says it’s “a great choice for someone interested in reading more comics but unsure of where to start.” You can read the full piece here, and order the book from our website.