A new stream of blog (that sounds vaguely obscene) has began to flow through the wilderness of the interweb. But it’s not a wild and chaotic brook, rather a finely chiseled flume. It meanders, certainly, but along a pleasing and picturesque path… er… … Blog Flume, is a new blog (what else?) launched recently ago by Alvin Buenaventura, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Hensley, Todd Hignite and Ken Parille. So far it’s been a great read. Some standouts: Tim Hensley presents a slideshow he delivered at a lecture at the Hammer Museum. It’s about Suiho Tagawa, the creator of Norakuro. It’s excellent despite using some of my amateurish photos from the Norakuro Museum in Tokyo. Jonathan Bennett looks at the work of Charley Harper and 1000 frames of Hitchcock. Ken Parille brief look at cartoonist Pete Morisi. There’s plenty more. Take a look.
11 lesser-known Brutalist buildings that...the-gasoline-station: 11 lesser-known Brutalist buildings that helped define the movement » […]
Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita +...fabriciomora: Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita + Roberto Gálvez […]
- Something is brewing at Autoptic.org…Something is brewing at Autoptic.org… […]
- Uncivilized @ Brooklyn Book FestivalWe’ll be at the Brooklyn Book Festival, Sunday, September 21, 10-6pm. We’ve taken over space 412 along with friends from 2D Cloud. Festival details here. A few of our creators will be on panels: Single Facing City: Coming of Age Comics. New graphic narratives by popular comics creators Mike Dawson (Angie Bongiolatti), Michael Cho (Shoplifter), and MariNaomi […]
- James Romberger draws Daddy for Oily ComicsPost York scribe and all-around good guy James Romberger has new work out with Oily Comics. Daddy is a collaboration between he and Josh Simmons, splashed in a creepy mix of black and red. It’s horror as you’d expect from Simmons, and Romberger’s brush work gives it all the necessary texture. The book debuted at […]
- Rob Clough reviews Eel Mansions #4-5, Houses of the HolyThe prolific Rob Clough reviewed some of our mini comics for his ‘Mini-Sweep’ column at Foxing Quarterly. He covered Eel Mansions #4 and 5 as well as Caitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy. On Eel Mansions: Eel Mansions is basically Van Gieson’s brain in a blender, mixing together dozens of comics and cultural touchstones into […]
- Mental Floss spotlights An Iranian MetamorphosisRich Barrett highlighted the “most interesting” debuts of the Small Press Expo for Mental Floss last week, and our book, An Iranian Metamorphosis, made the list. Read the column here. It’s a great selection, which also includes Dragon’s Breath and Other True Stories, our co-publishing project with 2D Cloud. Pre-order your copy of An Iranian […]