A new stream of blog (that sounds vaguely obscene) has began to flow through the wilderness of the interweb. But it’s not a wild and chaotic brook, rather a finely chiseled flume. It meanders, certainly, but along a pleasing and picturesque path… er… … Blog Flume, is a new blog (what else?) launched recently ago by Alvin Buenaventura, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Hensley, Todd Hignite and Ken Parille. So far it’s been a great read. Some standouts: Tim Hensley presents a slideshow he delivered at a lecture at the Hammer Museum. It’s about Suiho Tagawa, the creator of Norakuro. It’s excellent despite using some of my amateurish photos from the Norakuro Museum in Tokyo. Jonathan Bennett looks at the work of Charley Harper and 1000 frames of Hitchcock. Ken Parille brief look at cartoonist Pete Morisi. There’s plenty more. Take a look.
- 046. Petrified Forest.046. Petrified Forest.
- thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design...thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design [Photo: Flickr/Phil Beard]
- 45. Arch Rival.45. Arch Rival.
- sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass
The...sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass The Profane Section. "Beauty should be edible or not at all." -Salvador Dali firstname.lastname@example.org
- 044. Stone Age Armada.044. Stone Age Armada.
- Borb release party at Bergen Street ComicsBergen Street Comics will host a launch party to celebrate Jason Little and his new book, Borb. The event happens on Friday, April 24th. If you’re within any reasonable distance of Brooklyn, we encourage you to attend. Hang out with Jason, check out the book and have a good time. There’s further info about the […]
- Uncivilized Books at MoCCA 2015We’ll debut two books at this year’s MoCCA Arts Festival: Borb from Jason Little and David B.’s Incidents in the Night: Book 2. Jason will be in attendance, as well, to meet readers and sign copies of the book. We’re super excited about the show and the new space! Find us at Table 317 on […]
- Preview Caitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the HolyWe’ve run a short preview of Caitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy in our latest newsletter. The final book will expand upon the original version by 100 new pages. Check out the preview here, and pre-order the book to receive an early-bird discount. Also, if you haven’t subscribed to our newsletter, now is the time.
- Uncivilized Books announces its Fall 2015 SeasonWe’re thrilled to announce our Fall 2015 line-up today. We’ll publish two new Graphic Novels: the second collection from rising star Sam Alden (It Never Happened Again), and an amazing debut from Minneapolis’ best kept secret, Caitlin Skaalrud. We’re also trying something new: a book of fiction. The Deaths of Henry King is a collaboration between award […]