A new stream of blog (that sounds vaguely obscene) has began to flow through the wilderness of the interweb. But it’s not a wild and chaotic brook, rather a finely chiseled flume. It meanders, certainly, but along a pleasing and picturesque path… er… … Blog Flume, is a new blog (what else?) launched recently ago by Alvin Buenaventura, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Hensley, Todd Hignite and Ken Parille. So far it’s been a great read. Some standouts: Tim Hensley presents a slideshow he delivered at a lecture at the Hammer Museum. It’s about Suiho Tagawa, the creator of Norakuro. It’s excellent despite using some of my amateurish photos from the Norakuro Museum in Tokyo. Jonathan Bennett looks at the work of Charley Harper and 1000 frames of Hitchcock. Ken Parille brief look at cartoonist Pete Morisi. There’s plenty more. Take a look.
FREE 2015by David B., Niv Bavarsky, Box...smallpresspreviews: FREE 2015by David B., Niv Bavarsky, Box Brown, Patrick Crotty, Max de Radiguès, Hanna K., Alex Kim, Laura Knetzger, Kate Leth, Jason Little, Matt Madden, Jane Mai, Melissa Mendes, Oliver Schrauwen, Ben Sears, Jack Teagle, Derek Van Gieson, François Vigneault, cover by Chuck ForsmanPublished by Retrofit Comics / Big Planet ComicsCo-published with Oily Comics […]
- 046. Petrified Forest.046. Petrified Forest.
- thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design...thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design [Photo: Flickr/Phil Beard]
- 45. Arch Rival.45. Arch Rival.
- sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass
The...sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass The Profane Section. “Beauty should be edible or not at all.” -Salvador Dali firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uncivilized Books at Linework NWThis weekend, find Uncivilized Books at Linework NW out in Portland. With us, we’ll have new books like Borb and Incidents in the Night: Book 2 as well as selections from our back catalog. Author Sam Alden (It Never Happened Again, New Construction) will also be in attendance at his own table, 25A. Drop by […]
- Uncivilized Publisher Tom K at CCS Industry DayThe Center for Cartoon Studies hosts its annual ‘Industry Day’ today. Students will have the chance to chat with top comics professionals to arrange internships and have their portfolios reviewed. Our publisher Tom Kaczynksi is one of the five guests invited. Others include Jen Vaughn (Fantagraphics, ComicsCurator), Allison Baker (Monkey Brain Comics), Chris Pitzer (AdHouse) and Bill Kartalopoulos (Best American […]
- WORD Brooklyn to host Borb signingWORD Brooklyn will host Jason Little on Wednesday, May 6th to sign copies of Borb, his latest book. Check out the event page on Facebook, and RSVP. It should be a great time.
- Borb in The Chicago TribuneJason Little’s Borb has made the Chicago Tribune via writer Jake Austen. “What makes Little’s approach and execution so impactful is the way it subverts the wacky expectations of the medium.” Read the full review here. Order the book via our website.