The Drama magazine just came out with what appears to be the biggest issue to date. There are interviews with Julie Doucet, Elvis Studio, tons of other art and a LOT more comics than last time. Some of the other contributing cartoonists are: Vanessa Davis, Zak Sally, PaperRad, Travis Robertson, Tom Gauld and tons of others. Oh and one of those comics pages is a one-page comic by me. Should be available in stores now, or get it directly from the publisher HERE.
- The Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMindsThe Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMinds
“Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along...fielder: “Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along the way they would set it down, as fertile plains.”- adapted from John McPhee, Basin and Range The new Ganges from Kevin H is amazing!
About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver,...mrstsk: About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver, started using her 93 year-old grandmother Emiko as a model for the psychedelic freestyle scarves she sells at market stalls and by (Japan-only) mail order. Since then Grandma Emiko — dressed in a psychedelic clash of cartoon and ethnic styles — has become a regular […]
Block Village (Kaohsiung City, Taiwan) - HAO...fabriciomora: Block Village (Kaohsiung City, Taiwan) - HAO Design
- The significance of plot without conflictstilleatingoranges: In the West, plot is commonly thought to revolve around conflict: a confrontation between two or more elements, in which one ultimately dominates the other. The standard three- and five-act plot structures–which permeate Western media–have conflict written into their very foundations. A “problem” appears near the end of the first act; and, in the second […]
- Uncivilized Books at MoCCA Fest!Uncivilized Books will be at MoCCA Fest in New York City on April 2nd and 3rd. Come find us at table D 155! Find more information about MoCCA Fest 2016 here!
- New Construction by Sam Alden Nominated for the LA Times Book Prizes!Wow! Sam Alden’s New Construction: Two More Stories was nominated for the L.A. Times Book Prizes! Congratulations Sam, and all other nominees!!! See the full list of nominees here.
- Comics Alliance Posts Glowing Review of Houses of The HolyCaitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy was reviewed on Comics Alliance, where John Parker writes that “Houses Of The Holy might be the most dazzling and immersive book I’ve read in a long, long time.” He continues: Houses Of The Holy is one of those books that’s difficult to summarize in a satisfying way. It’s a metaphysical exploration of ephemeral emotions, more reliant […]
- Musnet on the Guardian!The Guardian named Musnet: The Mouse of Monet by Kickliy as one of the most anticipated graphic novels of the year! Check it out! We’re honored! Musnet is the inaugural book in our brand new imprint for kids: Odod Books! More on both Musnet & Odod very soon. Follow us on twitter: @ododbooks // for […]