I was going to post this in time for the opening night of The Magic Show a group show at the Pony Club Gallery in Portland, OR. But I just realized that the opening was last night! Duh! I think I must have confused it with the opening night of the Off-Kilter Comics, which is IS tonight. I have a drawing (pictured above) at The Magik Show but not at the Off Kilter Comics show. Anyway, both shows feature a lot of great artists so if you’re in either Portland or Minneapolis, go see the one closest to you.
FREE 2015by David B., Niv Bavarsky, Box...smallpresspreviews: FREE 2015by David B., Niv Bavarsky, Box Brown, Patrick Crotty, Max de Radiguès, Hanna K., Alex Kim, Laura Knetzger, Kate Leth, Jason Little, Matt Madden, Jane Mai, Melissa Mendes, Oliver Schrauwen, Ben Sears, Jack Teagle, Derek Van Gieson, François Vigneault, cover by Chuck ForsmanPublished by Retrofit Comics / Big Planet ComicsCo-published with Oily Comics […]
- 046. Petrified Forest.046. Petrified Forest.
- thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design...thisiscitylab:Le Corbusier and the Biology of Beauty in Design [Photo: Flickr/Phil Beard]
- 45. Arch Rival.45. Arch Rival.
- sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass
The...sketchbookcity:Iowa State University, Zenghelis Masterclass The Profane Section. “Beauty should be edible or not at all.” -Salvador Dali firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Comics Journal interviews Anders NilsenFellow Minneapolis cartoonist Anders Nilsen spoke with Marc Sobel about his upbringing, work and forthcoming sketchbook collection. Sobel: Did you see Love and Rockets at that point? Nilsen: Yeah, Love and Rockets. I came across Clowes at that point, too, although I just thought he was too weird. I didn’t get it. (laughs) I picked up Eightball #1, […]
- Paste Magazine interviews Jason LittleTobias Carroll spoke with Jason Little about the process behind Borb and his duties teaching at the School of Visual Arts in New York. Paste: Do you find that teaching has had any effect on writing and drawing comics as well? Little: Definitely. It’s pretty important to me. And it’s kind of cool that it’s […]
- Incidents in the Night in The L.A. TimesFor the Los Angeles Times, David Ulin reviewed David B.’s Incidents in the Night, specially Book 2. Yet to read “Incidents in the Night” as commentary or analogue to “Epileptic” is to miss the point. No, what David B. is doing is to push beyond the bounds of ordinary reality, with Jean-Christophe as vehicle. If […]
- Houses of the Holy by Caitlin SkaalrudHouses of the Holy is a nightmarish vision of a damaged psyche fighting to be reborn. This debut graphic novel by Caitlin Skaalrud will arrive this Fall as one of Uncivilized Book’s latest seasonal offerings. Find further info on our website, and get the book with either the Fall 2015 subscription or by itself. Skaalrud’s drawing is so […]