Over a year ago I was asked by Isaac Cates to contribute to his collaborative comics project Mapjam. The book came out at Mocca this year and because of my recent move I never got a chance to mention it. It was a fun exercise (in collaborative worldbuilding) and there are many interesting contributions. More details and a way to own your own copy can be found here.
Housing Complex (Aarhus, Denmark) - Friis &...fabriciomora: Housing Complex (Aarhus, Denmark) - Friis & Moltke
Rehak House (Los Angeles, California, USA) - Coop...fabriciomora: Rehak House (Los Angeles, California, USA) - Coop Himmelb(l)au
Master Plan, Redwood City, California,...fuckyeahbrutalism: Master Plan, Redwood City, California, 1960s (The Architects Collaborative)
- Sundays are nice and quiet… for the most part… at least for me....Sundays are nice and quiet… for the most part… at least for me. Many don’t like them because Monday is just around the corner. But I enjoy the calm before the storm… On Monday, the Trylon Microcinema gets to the middle of it’s great Zatoichi the Blind Swordsman series. I got a chance to the […]
- An Iranian Metamorphosis reviewed at The Comics JournalGreg Hunter has written a fair review of Mana Neyestani’s An Iranian Metamorphosis for The Comics Journal. He isn’t completely in favor of the book, but he says there’s “value in firsthand insights about the workings and abuses of power, especially insights originating from places that move to restrict them.” Read Greg’s review here. You […]
- Eel Mansions mentioned at comicbookGRRRLDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions was mentioned on Laura Sneddon’s blog, comicbookGRRRL, as a stand-out release for January 2015. Check out her other selections here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.
- Darling Sleeper interviews Sam AldenThe online magazine Darling Sleeper asked Sam Alden a set of questions about his working process, and what’s next (which includes a future Uncivilized Books project). Read the interview here, and check out Sam’s book, It Never Happened Again.
- The 9th Blog reviews Eel MansionsDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions received a great review from The 9th Blog. It’s described as “a world of blacks and whites and pseudo-grays and polka dots,” which feels fairly apt. Read the full piece here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.