Here’s another event I failed to write about after it was over: TCAF. Hard to believe it’s been almost a year…! I was excited to visit Toronto, the city of Seth, Chester Brown & Joe Matt! Sadly, I missed their appearance together. Still the show and the city were amazing… and as ususual I managed to take very few pictures at the actual show. Instead, during brief moments away from the table, I filled the camera with images of unbuilt luxury condos, monumental residential building and deconstructed museum sharkitecture. You know… the usual stuff. All this was just blocks from the show! Someday, I would like to go back and see the rest of the city.
Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita +...fabriciomora: Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita + Roberto Gálvez […]
- Something is brewing at Autoptic.org…Something is brewing at Autoptic.org… […]
Natural History Museum Proposal / Kengo...modelarchitecture: Natural History Museum Proposal / Kengo Kuma […]
- Patrick Kyle’s Distance Mover reviewedJames Kaplan reviewed Patrick Kyle’s upcoming Distance Mover for Panel Patter. The book will be published by Koyama Press, and it will debut at the Small Press Expo Sept. 13-14th. This is an entertaining, interesting science-fiction story, in the tradition of Dr. Who and other stories about advanced being traveling from world to world (or […]
- Mike Dawson and Brian Evenson discuss Ed the Happy ClownMike Dawson recently revamped his TCJ Talkies podcast for The Comics Journal, spotlighting discussion topics rather than interviews with creators. A recent episode features a conversation between he and Brian Evenson on Ed the Happy Clown. Of course, Brian wrote Ed vs. Yummy Fur, the first in our Critical Cartoons series. This podcast is a […]
- Fall 2014 Books and SubscriptionWe’re happy to announce the Fall 2014 books and subscription. This season we have 3 new books: Incidents in the Night Book 2 by David B., Dragon’s Breath and Other True Stories by MariNaomi and the hugely anticipated Eel Mansions by Derek Van Gieson. The subscription is $55 (almost 20% off cover price!) + free […]
- Pre-order Sam Alden’s Frontier #5The talented Sam Alden wrote and drew a new story for Frontier #5, the latest issue of Youth in Decline‘s ongoing monograph series. The cover is above. A description resides below. This issue includes a new 36-page comic, which deals with family legacies, summer vacation, and sinkholes. 2 colors printed on Risograph. You can pre-order […]