I’m working on a new website that will act as a single destination for all the things I do. Check it out, it’s a work in progress (as is everything on the internet!). One of the new things is Original Art. I don’t sell originals very often, almost never. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I offered originals for sale. It’s been years! But, my flat files are overflowing, so I’ll be offering pieces throughout the summer. I’ve got the first batch (Batch 001) up. They range from very cheap ($20) to cheap ($200). There are illustrations, posters, little paintings and (for the first time ever!) original comics pages. Take a look. I’m also going to take commissions this summer, details soon!
Rosomak Hotel, Ustron, Poland, 2006....archivemodernarchitecture: Rosomak Hotel, Ustron, Poland, 2006. © Nicolas Grospierre source
- Proyecto de Casa de Vacaciones en Césareé, Israel. Oscar...Proyecto de Casa de Vacaciones en Césareé, Israel. Oscar Niemeyer.
- Le Corbusier. Casabella 259 1962: 56Le Corbusier. Casabella 259 1962: 56
Unknown Geometries / Giorgio Stefanonihellohaters: Unknown Geometries / Giorgio Stefanoni
Visual reconstruction of the early medieval gord...west-slavs: Visual reconstruction of the early medieval gord [Slavic fortified settlement] in Lubomia, Silesia, Poland. Model created for the Museum in Wodzisław Śląski [via Wodzisław Śląski news website].
- The Chicago Tribune reviews Carl Barks’ DuckFor the Chicago Tribune, Jake Austen penned a great review of Peter Schilling Jr.’s Carl Bark’s Duck. We recently published this book, and we’re extremely proud that its first review is in the Tribune. Read the piece here, and order the book from our website.
- An Iranian Metamorphosis reviewed at The Comics JournalGreg Hunter has written a fair review of Mana Neyestani’s An Iranian Metamorphosis for The Comics Journal. “There’s value in firsthand insights about the workings and abuses of power, especially insights originating from places that move to restrict them.” Read Greg’s review here. You can purchase the book on our website.
- Eel Mansions mentioned at comicbookGRRRLDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions was mentioned on Laura Sneddon’s blog, comicbookGRRRL, as a stand-out release for January 2015. Check out her other selections here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.
- Darling Sleeper interviews Sam AldenThe online magazine Darling Sleeper asked Sam Alden a set of questions about his working process, and what’s next (which includes a future Uncivilized Books project). Read the interview here, and check out Sam’s book, It Never Happened Again.