This comic-book is about 4 years old at this point, but I still like it ok. It’s my only attempt a dream comics. I tired to be really literal with it and the result is actually pretty close to the actual dream… well as much as I could manage.
I’m posting about it because Poopsheet just gave it a nice review. For those of you out there not as familiar with my comics I just wanted to start occasional posts that describe some of my comics and maybe post sample pages.
Anyway, Tunnel is available either from robot26.com or the Poopsheet Shop.
Rosomak Hotel, Ustron, Poland, 2006....archivemodernarchitecture: Rosomak Hotel, Ustron, Poland, 2006. © Nicolas Grospierre source
- Proyecto de Casa de Vacaciones en Césareé, Israel. Oscar...Proyecto de Casa de Vacaciones en Césareé, Israel. Oscar Niemeyer.
- Le Corbusier. Casabella 259 1962: 56Le Corbusier. Casabella 259 1962: 56
Unknown Geometries / Giorgio Stefanonihellohaters: Unknown Geometries / Giorgio Stefanoni
Visual reconstruction of the early medieval gord...west-slavs: Visual reconstruction of the early medieval gord [Slavic fortified settlement] in Lubomia, Silesia, Poland. Model created for the Museum in Wodzisław Śląski [via Wodzisław Śląski news website].
- Eel Mansions at Mental FlossRich Barrett reviewed Eel Mansions for his column at Mental Floss. “Probably the most Lynchian (as in filmmaker David Lynch) comic to be made since Dan Clowes’ 1993 graphic novel Like A Velvet Glove Cast in Iron, Derek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions has plenty of Eraserhead’s confusing imagery but with Twin Peaks’ wry sense of humor as well.” Read […]
- The Chicago Tribune reviews Carl Barks’ DuckFor the Chicago Tribune, Jake Austen penned a great review of Peter Schilling Jr.’s Carl Bark’s Duck. We recently published this book, and we’re extremely proud that its first review is in the Tribune. Read the piece here, and order the book from our website.
- An Iranian Metamorphosis reviewed at The Comics JournalGreg Hunter has written a fair review of Mana Neyestani’s An Iranian Metamorphosis for The Comics Journal. “There’s value in firsthand insights about the workings and abuses of power, especially insights originating from places that move to restrict them.” Read Greg’s review here. You can purchase the book on our website.
- Eel Mansions mentioned at comicbookGRRRLDerek Van Gieson’s Eel Mansions was mentioned on Laura Sneddon’s blog, comicbookGRRRL, as a stand-out release for January 2015. Check out her other selections here, and order Eel Mansions from our website.