Here’s another event I failed to write about after it was over: TCAF. Hard to believe it’s been almost a year…! I was excited to visit Toronto, the city of Seth, Chester Brown & Joe Matt! Sadly, I missed their appearance together. Still the show and the city were amazing… and as ususual I managed to take very few pictures at the actual show. Instead, during brief moments away from the table, I filled the camera with images of unbuilt luxury condos, monumental residential building and deconstructed museum sharkitecture. You know… the usual stuff. All this was just blocks from the show! Someday, I would like to go back and see the rest of the city.
- 42. Lithic Haemorrhage.42. Lithic Haemorrhage.
- Sketchbook #41. Floating.Sketchbook #41. Floating.
- Sketchbook #40. Glasses.Sketchbook #40. Glasses.
- sophiafosterdimino:Here are my 2015 hourlies. It took me two...sophiafosterdimino:Here are my 2015 hourlies. It took me two days to ink them rather than two weeks, as it did the last time I managed to do them (two years ago).Lots of people did great hourly comics this year, I haven’t even managed to catch up on them all, but here’s a quick assortment of […]
- Critical Cartoons: The Milkman: Carl Barks’ Capitalist FableCritical Cartoons is a book series and blog banner dedicated to comics criticism. To mark the release of Peter Schilling Jr.’s Carl Bark’s Duck, we present companion pieces to offer a little more on the subject of Carl Barks and all things Duck. by Peter Schilling Jr. As an artist seemingly obsessed with stories about earning […]
- Spring 2015, this weekend only!This is it (really). This weekend if your LAST chance to subscribe to our Spring 2015 season. You’ll get Borb, True Swamp: Book 2 and Robot Investigator from Jason Little, Jon Lewis and Vincent Stall (plus, 3 mini comics!). The subscription is only $55. View the deal on our website.
- James Romberger interviews Tonci ZonjicJames (Post York) Romberger conducted a great interview with artist Tonci Zonjic. Zonjic is fairly well-known for his work on Dark Horse Comics’ Lobster Johnson and his Image book, Who is Jake Ellis?. It’s an excuse for two artists obviously influenced by Alex Toth to chat about Toth, and Zonjic has some smart things to say […]
- Read an excerpt from Carl Barks’ Duck at The Comics JournalThe Comics Journal has published a portion of Peter Schilling Jr.’s new book, Carl Barks’ Duck. Read it here. Our related Carl Barks blog content will conclude soon with a new piece from the author! In the meantime, pick up the book from our website.