A new stream of blog (that sounds vaguely obscene) has began to flow through the wilderness of the interweb. But it’s not a wild and chaotic brook, rather a finely chiseled flume. It meanders, certainly, but along a pleasing and picturesque path… er… … Blog Flume, is a new blog (what else?) launched recently ago by Alvin Buenaventura, Jonathan Bennett, Tim Hensley, Todd Hignite and Ken Parille. So far it’s been a great read. Some standouts: Tim Hensley presents a slideshow he delivered at a lecture at the Hammer Museum. It’s about Suiho Tagawa, the creator of Norakuro. It’s excellent despite using some of my amateurish photos from the Norakuro Museum in Tokyo. Jonathan Bennett looks at the work of Charley Harper and 1000 frames of Hitchcock. Ken Parille brief look at cartoonist Pete Morisi. There’s plenty more. Take a look.
- The Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMindsThe Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMinds
“Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along...fielder: “Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along the way they would set it down, as fertile plains.”- adapted from John McPhee, Basin and Range The new Ganges from Kevin H is amazing!
About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver,...mrstsk: About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver, started using her 93 year-old grandmother Emiko as a model for the psychedelic freestyle scarves she sells at market stalls and by (Japan-only) mail order. Since then Grandma Emiko — dressed in a psychedelic clash of cartoon and ethnic styles — has become a regular […]
Block Village (Kaohsiung City, Taiwan) - HAO...fabriciomora: Block Village (Kaohsiung City, Taiwan) - HAO Design
- Uncivilized Books at MoCCA Fest!Uncivilized Books will be at MoCCA Fest in New York City on April 2nd and 3rd. Come find us at table D 155! Find more information about MoCCA Fest 2016 here!
- New Construction by Sam Alden Nominated for the LA Times Book Prizes!Wow! Sam Alden’s New Construction: Two More Stories was nominated for the L.A. Times Book Prizes! Congratulations Sam, and all other nominees!!! See the full list of nominees here.
- Comics Alliance Posts Glowing Review of Houses of The HolyCaitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy was reviewed on Comics Alliance, where John Parker writes that “Houses Of The Holy might be the most dazzling and immersive book I’ve read in a long, long time.” He continues: Houses Of The Holy is one of those books that’s difficult to summarize in a satisfying way. It’s a metaphysical exploration of ephemeral emotions, more reliant […]
- Musnet on the Guardian!The Guardian named Musnet: The Mouse of Monet by Kickliy as one of the most anticipated graphic novels of the year! Check it out! We’re honored! Musnet is the inaugural book in our brand new imprint for kids: Odod Books! More on both Musnet & Odod very soon. Follow us on twitter: @ododbooks // for […]