I was digging around in iPhoto for something and I found a few pics from the closing party to the Sweat Stains, Beer, And Cigarettes show from a few weeks back. I promptly uploaded them to Flickr. My big discovery of the show was the art of Bill Hauser. He works primarily as an illustrator and creates a ton of cover art for a variety of bands. I really like his old school, cartoony take on horror… and he has the chops to pull it off very well. I also really like his hand-made typography. Again, it’s cartoony, but the type is always tight, well arranged, with interesting letter forms. More Pics here.
construction 6 // alusio carvao, 1955modelarchitecture: construction 6 // alusio carvao, 1955
- The Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMindsThe Face in the Mirror is not Mine by @AssembledMinds
“Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along...fielder: “Rivers would carry their burden to the sea, but along the way they would set it down, as fertile plains.”- adapted from John McPhee, Basin and Range The new Ganges from Kevin H is amazing!
About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver,...mrstsk: About six months ago Chinami Mori, an Osaka weaver, started using her 93 year-old grandmother Emiko as a model for the psychedelic freestyle scarves she sells at market stalls and by (Japan-only) mail order. Since then Grandma Emiko — dressed in a psychedelic clash of cartoon and ethnic styles — has become a regular […]
- Uncivilized Books at MoCCA Fest!Uncivilized Books will be at MoCCA Fest in New York City on April 2nd and 3rd. Come find us at table D 155! Find more information about MoCCA Fest 2016 here!
- New Construction by Sam Alden Nominated for the LA Times Book Prizes!Wow! Sam Alden’s New Construction: Two More Stories was nominated for the L.A. Times Book Prizes! Congratulations Sam, and all other nominees!!! See the full list of nominees here.
- Comics Alliance Posts Glowing Review of Houses of The HolyCaitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy was reviewed on Comics Alliance, where John Parker writes that “Houses Of The Holy might be the most dazzling and immersive book I’ve read in a long, long time.” He continues: Houses Of The Holy is one of those books that’s difficult to summarize in a satisfying way. It’s a metaphysical exploration of ephemeral emotions, more reliant […]
- Musnet on the Guardian!The Guardian named Musnet: The Mouse of Monet by Kickliy as one of the most anticipated graphic novels of the year! Check it out! We’re honored! Musnet is the inaugural book in our brand new imprint for kids: Odod Books! More on both Musnet & Odod very soon. Follow us on twitter: @ododbooks // for […]