The Drama magazine just came out with what appears to be the biggest issue to date. There are interviews with Julie Doucet, Elvis Studio, tons of other art and a LOT more comics than last time. Some of the other contributing cartoonists are: Vanessa Davis, Zak Sally, PaperRad, Travis Robertson, Tom Gauld and tons of others. Oh and one of those comics pages is a one-page comic by me. Should be available in stores now, or get it directly from the publisher HERE.
11 lesser-known Brutalist buildings that...the-gasoline-station: 11 lesser-known Brutalist buildings that helped define the movement » […]
Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita +...fabriciomora: Beach House, Guatemala - Christian Ochaita + Roberto Gálvez […]
- Something is brewing at Autoptic.org…Something is brewing at Autoptic.org… […]
- James Romberger draws Daddy for Oily ComicsPost York scribe and all-around good guy James Romberger has new work out with Oily Comics. Daddy is a collaboration between he and Josh Simmons, splashed in a creepy mix of black and red. It’s horror as you’d expect from Simmons, and Romberger’s brush work gives it all the necessary texture. The book debuted at […]
- Rob Clough reviews Eel Mansions #4-5, Houses of the HolyThe prolific Rob Clough reviewed some of our mini comics for his ‘Mini-Sweep’ column at Foxing Quarterly. He covered Eel Mansions #4 and 5 as well as Caitlin Skaalrud’s Houses of the Holy. On Eel Mansions: Eel Mansions is basically Von Gieson’s brain in a blender, mixing together dozens of comics and cultural touchstones into […]
- Mental Floss spotlights An Iranian MetamorphosisRich Barrett highlighted the “most interesting” debuts of the Small Press Expo for Mental Floss last week, and our book, An Iranian Metamorphosis, made the list. Read the column here. It’s a great selection, which also includes Dragon’s Breath and Other True Stories, our co-publishing project with 2D Cloud. Pre-order your copy of An Iranian […]
- 2D Cloud interviews Retrofit ComicsRaighne Hogan from 2D Cloud has spent the last year interviewing various people from various North American micro-publishers, and his most recent installment features Box Brown and Jared Smith a.k.a. the Retrofit Comics guys. This is a great interview, filled with honest answers about publishing small-press comic books. It’s both realistic as well as optimis […]